Step1: Check that IMAP is turned on
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "IMAP Access" section, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
Step2: Configure Outlook Client
- Open Outlook
- Select setup to an Email Account
- Select Manual Setup or Additional Server Types
- Click Next
- Select IMAP
- Enter IMAP configuration as below:
- Click More Settings
- Click Outgoing Server tab
- Check My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Click Advance tab
- Enter port number and Encryption type as below: